Sunday, July 29, 2012

Makeup Obsession of the Month...Cream Eye Shadows

                                        ~Cream Eye Shadows~ 


I have been a huge fan of cream eye shadows lately. I really started loving the look of cream eye shadows when I saw Kristen Stewart's makeup on a red carpet event months ago! Stewart's makeup artist Beau Nelson said he loves to start off with a cream shadow as a base and then usually add some powder on top! 
I love the idea of cream eye shadows for three reasons: 1) the look/finish of them 2) the simplicity of the application 3) the color pay off. I think when anyone wears a cream eyeshadow particularly in a darker color say a bronze, the finish is so sultry and sexy. I think cream eye shadows add intensity to the look of the eye that a powder eyeshadow cannot usually achieve. 
I think it is safe to say the most coveted cream eye shadows would be the 
Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eye shadows. However, at $36 a pop I was determined to find a dupe! And that I did...Now being that I have never owned a Chanel cream eyeshadow I can't truly do a compare and contrast. But I will give you a full review of the Maybelline Color Tattoo by EyeStudio. 
I had purchased the colors #25 Bad to the Bronze and #35 Tough as Taupe. They were actually buy one get one 50% off at CVS so one for $6.99 and one for $3.50 was totally worth it! The product is described as a cream gel, and that it is. I simply applied this with my finger and smoothed it all over my eye to create a smokey look. I then applied a tiny bit of liquid liner on the top of my lash line and some mascara and I was good to go! Now Maybelline claims that the product lasts 24hrs. Lets be real, I don't know how any makeup product could truly last 24hrs. However, I do know that I wore this product for a night out (#25 Bad to the Bronze), and it did in fact last the whole night with minimal creasing. Any makeup product that lasts the whole night or day is good to me! I would describe this color as a "bronzy" brownish gold tone with slight shimmer. It really complimented my green eyes. I would describe #35 Tough as Taupe to be quite the opposite. It is a matte purple toned-gray color with no shimmer. Both are beautiful but very different! I personally love #25 Bad to the Bronze the best! I hope you guys try these cream eye shadows or any other brand and let me know what you think!  
                                                                                        Teeni XX

Instagram: TalesofTeeni
Twitter: TalesofTeeni

#35 Tough as Taupe: Left #25 Bad to the Bronze: Right
#25 Bad to the Bronze: Right #35 Tough as Taupe: Left 
#25 Bad to the Bronze 
#35 Tough as Taupe

No comments:

Post a Comment